A cozy place to shop books!
1. Author/Consignor will retain 60% of the purchase price (before any sales tax is added). After the sale of a book, The Bookworm will forward a check for the full amount of the purchase price less 40%.
2. If approved, The Bookworm will initially take 3 copies of a book on consignment for 6 months, during this time The Bookworm may request additional copies for the store.
3. Authors must reside within the New York metro area.
4. Authors are responsible for the delivery and retrieval of their own books, whether in person or paying for shipment.
5. After 6 months the consignment contract may be extended at the discretion of The Bookworm.
6. The Bookworm will donate books that have not been retrieved within 1 month after the consignment period.
7. The Bookworm shall collect any sales tax due upon sale of the book(s) and be responsible for remitting all sales tax collected.
8. The Bookworm is not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen books.
Basic Plan: $30.00
Shelf space in our local author section
Author Event: $150.00*
Includes basic consignment plan, date will be scheduled by author and TheBookworm Event Coordinator.
Event to take place in our store, but other locations can be negotiated.
Promotion on our website, Facebook, e-blasts and possibly local newspaper.
Author must provide a list of 40 (minimum) e-mail contacts of potentially interested parties to attend event.
*Upon approval, additional costs may be necessary.
The Bookworm reserves the right to refuse books. Books are accepted based on store needs and current market.
Please note: We are not accepting any self-published books for the rest of 2017.
No exceptions. Thank you.
We do school book fairs and author events! Please ask us for more info!
Why not make it a day in Bernardsville?
Visit the unique galleries, shops, and restaurants.
Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43. Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors. More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint. Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you. Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains. More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.